Decentralized finance is both fascinating and intimidating, especially for newcomers. To help you navigate this space, you’ll find here a guided reading as well as great resources to keep track and learn more about DeFi.
To learn about DeFi, we’ll go through several recommanding readings and how they make sense altogher.
Where we consider the core value of DeFi and how they can be harnessed for various ends, including non-financial ones.
An exhaustive introduction to DeFi… from April 2020. The space has evolved greatly since then, so reading it will give you the basics and a sense of the progress achieved since then.
Now that you have the basics, it’s time to consider getting more pratical. Here are some resources highlithing services you could use and tips to make the most of them:
Not sure where to start? Vaults offer streamlined and passive investment options.
Whatever you do in DeFi, you’ll frequently need to swap tokens - this piece will help you do it efficiently.
Harnessing money markets is essential to make the most of your capital with DeFi. This covers the basics.
To better understand DeFi, you can follow its growth through one of its star protocols with this article series.
I frequently share quick overview on projects I’m following and developments in the space.
Keeping track with DeFi is an endless task. To get started, I’d recommend you to not spread yourself too thin, three or four sources are enough. Here’s my arbitrary pick:
- Bankless: to understand the fundamentals of the space, can be demanding to read.
- TheDailyGwei: a lighter daily take focused on one news each day.
- Rekt: to learn more about the main events of the space.
- This blog: for practical takes on DeFi services.
To interact with DeFi, you’ll need some key tools such as a wallet. Once you get involved, you’ll quickly be looking for tools to help you with tracking too:
- MetaMask: a browser-extension Ethereum wallet widely used to access DeFi.
- Argent Wallet: a mobile smart contract-based alternative.
- EtherScan: to check wallets and token contracts.
- ParaSwap: to optimize your token swaps.
- Zapper: to track your portfolio and easily zap in/out of investment opportunities.
- CoinGecko: to follow the prices of any token.
- Defillama: key metrics about the growth of the main DeFi platform.
- YieldFarmingTools: an overview of the main yield farming opportunities.
- vFat Tools: another tracker quick to add the latest services.
DeFi France is a French-speaking community created to discuss decentralized finance. Every month, we organize a meeting to allow an instructive exchange to better understand fundamental elements of DeFi. After 6 face-to-face editions since October 2019, DeFi France is now held remotely. DeFi France is entirely held in French to help native speakers (sometimes not always at ease in English) to keep track and learn about the space.
It’s a community initiative led by Mounir Benchemled (creator of Paraswap), Arthur Micoulet (Head of Blockchain PALO-IT) and your humble servant (TokenBrice), as well thanks to the amazing support of the French community: Pascal, Marc, Alexandre & many others !
All the monthly appointments of DeFi France are recorded. You will find them on our Youtube channel:
|📽 Youtube Channel||🛩 Telegram Group||🍻 Page Meetup|
|Review the previous editions of DeFi France and follow the next ones live||Discuss decentralized finance with >1900 French speakers||To not miss the next events|
Here are some French-speaking resources to learn :